Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Never Too Late

To some of you seasoned runners, my PR won't be that big of a deal, but it sure is to me!


9 Miles!
Nine, stinkin' miles.

I have never, in my life, 
run 
9 miles.

I'm training to run the 1/2 Marathon in October.
My personal goal is to run the entire 
13.2 miles.

Believe me, 
it won't be pretty.

You see, the BIG DEAL here is that I have never considered myself a Runner.
N.E.V.E.R.

Have I run before?
Of course:
as a child, playing tag,
as a teen, during practice and the basketball games,
as an mom, running after one of the kids heading towards the street.

A little.

Since I can remember, I have always been an Athlete.
I took Karate,
played softball,
played basketball,
ran track,
played volleyball,
racquetball,
took yoga,
did aerobics,
lifted, and still lift weights
but I have never thought of myself as a runner.

I had to change those thoughts.
And, I did.
It took believing, and doing
over and over again.
It would not have worked without the
belief
and
the action.

Guess what?
You can, too!

It is never too late to make changes,
in your health,
your mentality,
in your spirit.

It is never too late,
for 
anything!


Romans 12:2 
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, 
that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

(one of my very favorite verses)


What do you think it is too late to-do or change in your life?

What would it take in YOU to change it?

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, workouts and other encouraging words!